Monday, November 8, 2010

14. Fantasy vs. Reality

With only 14 days left I decided I would do a lesson learned each day.  Here is #14:

Fantasy vs. Reality – my brain would love my body to be a size 2; however my body knows that that is just impossible.  My brain would love for me to lose 2-3 pounds a week because by that math I would be 100 pounds lighter by the time the 40 weeks were up; my body knows that is impossible.  My brain says, “Ah, you skip a meal and you’ll be fine,” my body knows differently!   This is why Gretchen, Holly and I set a reasonable goal of a pound a week, and with the understanding that some weeks we wouldn’t make that goal.  We knew that life would get in the way of weight loss and we were trying to change our way of living rather than crash and burn dieting.

Now I lost my last two week bet and thus owe $20 bucks.  I'm determined to not lose this last two week bet.  Although, the 2 Reese's Peanut Butter cups are not helping!  

14 days left! 

2 comments:

  1. You've got this, you can do it! Um, but you have to stay away from the PB cups. I'LL hold them for you ... hehehe

    How exciting, that just two more weeks are left. That time flew by, didn't it? You'll be at the end before you know it.

    I'm excited for you! Do you have any special plans to sprint to the finish line over these next two weeks, or would you prefer your competition not see the details?

    Best of luck! You CAN do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we've all signed up for a 5k to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete