Sunday, January 23, 2011

First 2 weeks done and boy was it a ride!

For the first two weeks of our new diet pact I had some very dramatic ups and downs.  Now I'm not sure if it is because I used a lot of Atkins treats (as they are a crutch for me when I start as a gap filler for giving up sweets) or if it is because I started P90X and have been working out at least an hour 4 times a week or some combo of both.  At one point I was certain that I would owe $20 bucks on my first weigh in because I had 4 days to loose 3 pounds or some crazy thing like that.  But in the end I pulled was able to loose my 2 pounds in two weeks.  I think I actually lost (calculating...) 2.8 pounds! Nice job for me!  Here are my numbers for the past two weeks and you can see why I was sweating those last 4 days:


Date weight
10-Jan 194.2
11-Jan 192.8
12-Jan 191.4
13-Jan 192.4
14-Jan  
15-Jan 193.2
16-Jan 194
17-Jan 195
18-Jan 194.6
19-Jan
20-Jan 194.4
21-Jan 193.6
22-Jan 192.6
23-Jan 191.5
24-Jan 191.4


I think for the next 2 weeks I am going to get my journal out and write down what I eat for 2 weeks (bleck! I hate writing it down!).  I think it will a) help me plan out the day a bit more and b) make me accountable to how MANY treats I allow myself.   

My exercise plan is the same: work out 4 times using P90X.  This weekend the hubby and I have been looking at free weights...man are those things EXPENSIVE!  Maybe I'll just plan on purchasing one set at a time.  I went to Target to test out the 10 pound weight and I don't think I'm ready for it, maybe the 8 pound.  We'll see :)  I haven't bought any yet.  I'm going to give myself another week at the 5 pound hand weights. 

My Non-Scale Victory this week; I was able to do 100 girly push ups!  Not all at once but during the Chest and shoulders (?) routine of the P90X.  My goal for this week is to try and do half of those this week as regular manly man push ups (no knees involved!). OH! and I fit into a size 12 from Old Navy! So, in 11 months I've lost 10 dress sizes! :D  Now, they were tight and some of my size 14s from the thrift store are also a smidgen tight, so I'm not giving up all of my 16s but they are certainly getting baggy by the end of the day.  They haven't reached the uncomfortably too big stage but I can see it coming.

I am looking at my numbers and by the end of two more weeks I should be in the 180s! omg!  I haven't been there since....college? So, 15+ years !

No comments:

Post a Comment