Friday, December 3, 2010

Jeans....ah! and what are those...wrinkles?

Jeans
It has been years since I have been comfortable in jeans.  Yesterday, I wore a skirt, tights, healed clogs, and a nice blouse to school.  I came home and needed something comfy and pulled out a pair of jeans.  After I walked down the hall and saw myself in my NEW full length mirror I just smiled.  I only started wearing jeans after my first son was born and I was a stay at home mom, before that I wore them in high school.  You see I hated them in HS they were always too tight but being young and vain as only teenagers can be I wore them.  Then in college when I gained a LOT of weight they didn't make them in my size.  It wasn't until Lane Bryant came out with the body type jeans that I would wear them and even then I never felt comfortable.  At the end of the day I would feel cut in half when I sat down or even the dreaded toe of camel would appear.  So I maybe owned one or two pairs.  Now, they are my go to item of clothing on the weekends.  I would wear them every day if I could!  What a long way I have come in the 9 months I have been on this diet pact!

Wrinkles
I remember having a conversation with my sister once and it went something like this:
Sister: I've decided I would rather be a little fat...do you notice fat people don't have wrinkles?
Me: They don't have what?
Sis: Wrinkles, I've decided that I'm going to be happy with my chubby self because I'll have less wrinkles.
Me: hmm.....

Now that I've lost 54 pounds (2 pounds down in my goal for 4 before the end of the year) I'm noticing more wrinkles on my face, especially under my eyes!  Now, I'm not sure if it is my desire for "me" time and staying up late to watch FBI agents catch the psycho of the week or if I'm loosing my chub wrinkle buffer.  Until I figure it out I think I'll go the lotion/potion rout...oh and maybe try to get to bed earlier, too! :)

4 comments:

  1. That is a heck of a choice, isn't it? Wrinkles, or fatness ... sheesh!

    I prefer (for myself) to think of it this way:

    Wrinkles? Or six less years of life?

    Hmmmm ... I'll keep the wrinkles and live a little longer, thankyouverymuch!

    I would rather not hear people speak over my coffin with, "And just look how GOOD she looks - no wrinkles!" Nope. I'd rather be whooping it up somewhere, with people pointing to me saying, "look at that fun lady, the one with all th wrinkles"

    :)

    By the way, I plan to refer to them as "character lines"

    Enjoy those jeans! There are a lot more style choices, after losing 54 lbs, hey? GREAT job on that!!

    xxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a bet? That is fantastic! I'm looking forward to following your journey! :)

    I'm now following you through the Boost My Blog Friday Blog Hop! I hope you'll do the same! You can find me @ http://sofiasideas.com/

    Sofia's Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow...following back..love the name of your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told Jim the other day I wasn't sure I like the new face because of those extra wrinkles that showed up as the fat was/still is leaving. But I am enjoying the better shape.
    Keep up the great work my friend. I love the bet you have going with your sisters. So cool.
    Take care and have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete