It would be so much easier to just eat what I wanted to, not get up in the morning and exercise, and keep buying larger and larger clothing. I can see easily falling into a self made trap of sitting on the couch, watching TV and eating handful after handful of what ever I wanted to eat. It is easy. It is comfortable. It feels safe. I don't have to face what is bothering me when I do this but it has ugly ramifications. Self anesthetizing myself with food is an old habit.
Why do I want to change?
1. I don't like the way I feel
2. I don't want to wear tight jeans
3. I want to run again
4. I don't want to pass these habits on to the boys
5. I don't like seeing the scale inch up and up and up
6. I want to not be in the obese category anymore
7. I don't want to feel guilty anymore
8. I want to feel normal in my own skin rather than slightly itchy
9. I want the outside to match the inside
10. I don't want a muffin top that feels (to me) like a cake top
11. I don't want to feel tired
12. I want to be a good model for my children
13. I want to run the entire 5K without stopping
14. I want to get rid of the monkey on my back that whispers ... "one bite...what could it hurt!"
15. I want to feel strong
16. I don't want to be afraid
17. I want to know why I feel afraid
18. I don't want to feel disengaged
19. I want to be around for as long as the universe has planned and not curtail it by my choices
20. I don't want to feel heartsick anymore