Friday, July 13, 2012

After 4 weeks of CrossFit...

My sister and I...or I should say I talked my sister into doing a little CrossFit with me while I was in Montana for the month.  So, the big nerd in me wanted to take some baseline data and see how much better we could do by the end of the 4 weeks.  Our baseline was 4 rounds of 50 seconds of work with a 10 second break, 4 exercises in each round so a total of 12 minutes of exercise.

Base line data                                     At the end of 4 weeks
Squats 37                                            Squats 83
Push Ups 41                                       Push Ups 79 (no I couldn't squeeze out 1 more)
Tricep Dips 77                                   Tricep Dips 93
Ab crunches 138                                Ab crunches 174 (!)


Pretty exciting results.  We plan to continue doing CrossFit with a tentative schedule of 3 days on and 1 day of rest.  When the school year starts I think we'll move to a Monday and Friday off and the rest of the week on.  I think that now that we are stronger it will be a good time to add in some more cardio, but we'll see how this goes.  I can say at the end of my month in Montana I have lost 3 pounds (at time it was a total of 5 pounds) and I think I am burning fat off and putting on muscle and .... I .... hate.... how that does not show up on the scale. I think it is time for another weight loss bet.... but more on that on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment