Friday, June 24, 2011

Diet Reboot

Ok the last...5 months (yikes) have been horribly stressful.  So stressful that I consciously decided I could not diet and just decided to concentrate on surviving this last half of the school year.  All I can say is it was bad and I'm not working at that school anymore.  So, after all the dust settled down.  Sunday night Gretchen and I had a long discussion about how to reboot our diets.  She had gained weight back and I had but didn't know because I stopped stepping on the scale when I had to pull out my size 16 pants again.

So time for a diet reboot:
1. We will text or morning weigh ins to each other as we are now capable of saying them aloud to each other!
2. We will exercise 4x a week and journal what we eat at least 4x a week (Journaling every day is best we know but we chose to start with 4xs and the rest of the week to be aware of what we were eating)
3. We will not punish ourselves because we realize we are not cured of our food issues...if it were easy no one would be fat!
4. We will make two week goals and if we can't make those two week goals then we put a 20 on the fridge as a reminder to ourselves that we hate loosing but don't want to compete against each other but against ourselves and the fridge money!
5. We will think of a reward that has meaning to us and do it! (Neither of us could come up with something we wanted badly enough as a reward so we're taking the time to figure something out for ourselves.)
6. Daily chats are motivational and when one of us goes down the diet hole of stress/depression/unhappiness the other does too so try to see the triggers and be a good buddy!

That's all I could remember!  My starting weight for the diet reboot was 203....so bad...so bad...but it is onwards and downwards from here!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we all need a reboot!! Our entire family had to reboot after the kitchen remodel. still isn't done but it's functional. We all gained weight!
    You ladies will have great success!

    ReplyDelete